Monday, November 3, 2014

Is It Really November?

Yes, I have been MIA for a while now. October brought many surprises to our household--like a visit from out-of-town family (hooray for nephews and nieces) and the Royals making the World Series (still proud of 'em!). Here's what's left of our World Series pumpkin from this year:
Yes, we're moving soon (hence, the boxes and brown paper in the background).
Among many other surprises (like, "hey--we finally get a new bed!"), we got to give friends and family a surprise of our own, summed up in the following picture:
No gag. It's true. Lord willing, we are expecting our first child in the spring of 2015!

Needless to say, I haven't felt 100% for several weeks. I'm hoping that will improve as I am now approaching my second trimester.

(And no, we don't know the gender yet. That appointment will be sometime around Christmas. We can hardly wait to find out!)

That first ultrasound--also in October--was an incredible experience. Part of me couldn't believe a baby actually appeared in the screen. Tears welled up in my eyes (which is not a normal occurrence for me) when the doctor pointed out our baby's little tiny heart beat. You can actually see it beating on the screen! How crazy and amazing is that?

My SIL made this to hold our ultrasound picture, and I love it:
It's probably difficult to tell from this picture, but it's made out of a 1x6 that's about a foot long.
Red Beard and I have always wanted kids--we were just waiting until God gave us the green light. In other words, we couldn't be more thrilled that He has blessed us with this precious gift of life. 

We are moving in less than 2 weeks, so I anticipate being sporadic on here for another few weeks. But I really wanted to share this amazing gift from God with you all!

We are so blessed.

Talk to you soon,
Mrs. D.