Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Open < 3 Surgery

Dear Christian Brothers & Sisters,

What sustains us in our distresses, allowing us to not become cowards?
"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer." (Ps. 4:1)
In our heart of hearts, what do we seek day after day?
"O ye sons of men, how long will ye love vanity and seek after leasing? Selah." (Ps. 4:2) 
How do we view God and his people?
"But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him." (Ps. 4:3)
Do our hearts reflect the things of God?
"Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah." (Ps. 4:4)
Do we trust and obey the Heavenly Father?
"Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord." (Ps. 4:5)
Are we seeking counsel, direction, and understanding from God?
"There be many that say, Who will show us any good? Lord, lift up the light of thy countenance upon us." (Ps. 4:6)
Is our walk with God producing joy in our hearts?
"Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased." (Ps. 4:7)
Do we believe that it is the Lord who sustains us (physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally) in this life?
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." (Ps. 4:8)
Signed,
--A Fellow Patient--