Thursday, May 14, 2015

Living in the Real World

Elephant in the room: Yes, I've been gone a while. What started out as a time of reflection for me, to evaluate the point of my blog and its future direction, turned into a much longer hiatus than I had predicted.

To be honest, the long break has been nice. I have enjoyed living life in the real world. When you're blogging, it's so easy to allow your blog to become an obsession, to spend all your time focussing on what to post next, that you forget to focus on the life right in front of you. Life in the real world.

WARNING: This kind of tunnel vision can happen with any type of media, whether you are creating it or simply observing it.

I also felt blogging was pulling me away from baking, creating, writing, etc. for the right reasons. Was I trying to develop a new recipe because I was trying to please my husband or because I couldn't wait to post about it (hello, pride)? Was I writing something because God had laid it on my heart or because I felt pressured (by myself) to "get in another post"?

I don't want to be puffed up with pride, and I don't want to post things that are teeming with selfishness or other wrong motivators.

We need to be God-honoring in all that we do.

So, even though I have not fully decided where to go from here on The Shore, I wanted to say something about where I've been, mentally.

We are still waiting for little man to arrive... he should arrive this month. Pretty soon we'll be changing diapers, nursing, and everything else that newborns require.

We can barely contain our excitement over it all because it feels like we've been waiting so long to have a kid! I still can't believe how much God has blessed us in giving us this new life to shepherd and take care of.

He is so good.

I hope & pray you know that from your own life experience, that God is good even when things seem bad. God is good.

Love to you all,
~Mrs. D.

No comments: